Public Toilets (Octaloo)
This is fashioned on an octopus, and intended as a fun iconic building. It becomes a colloquial central meeting point (‘meet you at the octoloo’ (or octopus)). It’s eight tentacles reach out and hold up the full circumference veranda.
- 3 unisex cubicles incl. all-ability facilities.
- Uses power generated @ Community Centre.
- Solar hot-water panels.
- Self-contained bio-waste composting and ultra-violet purification unit.
- Purified waste water clean-enough for recycling through cisterns and/or dispersal into the stream.
- Odour-free compost into bins for removal (sale as organic compost).
- The four corner tentacles spout recycled (purified) water onto the planter boxes.
- The ‘octopus eyes’ double as high-definition CCTV security cameras (with facial recognition / alerting).